Presentar este sitio en:
LifeCare Corporate Office
Self Pay Collector
General Summary: This position is responsible for monitoring the self pay ATB, including ensuring payments and payment plans are set up per the bad debt policy.
1. Consult with the Self Pay Coordinator in Reimbursement to monitor the self pay ATB. Manage call efforts and notate accounts in Healthland for calls made. Comply with the bad debt policy for patient telephone collections criteria. Accept payments and set up payment plans per policy.
2. Accept patient inbound calls and provide resolution.
3. Create refund documentation packets.
4. Research and resolve issues presented in each phone call, documenting each account with action taken.
5. Screen all self pay patients for state or federal government program eligibility.
6. Report problems and errors to management in an effective and efficient manner.
7. Retrieve scanned documents as needed.
8. Provide clerical support to department as needed.
9. Regular attendance and timelines is required.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Experience: One to three years as a self pay collector in a health care environment preferred.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Lifecare reserves the right at any time to delete or modify any of the job listings referenced on this site, including any modification of the benefits or compensation listed for such positions. The job listings on this site do not constitute an offer of employment or contract offer of any kind, but are intended solely as information concerning possible job positions with LifeCare as of the date such job listings were published. LifeCare does not guarantee that any of the jobs listed will be available at the time of any inquiry by a potential applicant, and LifeCare reserves the right not to fill or employ any person in any of the job positions listed. All applicants for any job positions are subject to any and all established preplacement procedures. Lifecare, in its sole discretion, shall determine any persons to whom offers may be made.